Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Room 1 - Done!

Well this was an intesting week!  It was the LONGEST 4 day week of my life!  We started our bowling league on Thursday and that was pretty fun!  I had my graduation ceremony (whoo hoo all done) on Saturday and then our whole family went out to eat at a yumm restaurant.  It was a great time.  After we got home, my husband got the stomach flu so I was taking care of him Saturday and Sunday.  Then my son got the flu yesterday and it feels like I have it today...booo. 

Anyhow, I did complete my first room of cleaning/organizing/decluttering.  I got rid of 3 grocery bags of garbage that I didn't even know I had in there!  I also organized all my gift bags and Easter stuff, so now I know what I have!  This week I'm going to work on the basement.  Luckily, it's not too bad but I have stockpile stuff on the floor and just some odds and ends I'd like to tidy up. 

This week looks like a slow shopping week thank goodness.  There are some great deals on the Sinex at Walgreens and one of the drugstores has a money maker on the Maalox.  I'll post the deals on those later tonight.  For now, I'm going back to bed, but wanted to post that I did complete my goal of cleaning one room so far!


Holy clothes Batman!  It seems like ever since Christmas all I've been doing is laundry.  It doesn't help that our house is a quad and the laundry is at the very bottom floor and it needs to be hauled up to the very top floor!



 This is the corner of the laundry room where I have a stockpile of kleenex, toilet paper and laundry detergent on the floor. As you can see, it's gotten pretty messy!




This is behind the door and is just a mixture of party and holiday stuff.  Its been driving me nuts for a while because everytime I open or close the door something falls!


Here are the after pictures:

Everything is restacked nice and neat.  The cardboard box is holding the clothes that my son and daughter are out growing.  I usually put those away once a month.  The cardboard box is sitting on a rubbermaid box that hold items I want to sell at our annual sub sale in September.


Remember all those crazy clothes?  They are all put away now and I can see the floor!  The black bag hanging on the door there is all of our unmatched socks - I usually try to match these up once a month.


This is the back of the door now.  It doesn't look all that much different, but to me it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment