Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pictures and some RA shopping!

Here are the before and after pictures of the basement. It doesn't look that much different but there were games and books out of place and all messy that were driving me insane. Plus its another reason for me to use my new Dyson. I LOVE that thing, its amazing.


This area is right when you walk into the basement.  The black shelf and white cupboards are part of my stockpile so I've just been dropping stuff in front of it to be put away.  There is also a box of photos and some scrapbooking stuff. 


The couch cover just laying on the ground (I hate putting this thing on).


This is the corner of my sons craft stuff and his toy box.  He just puts things on the toy box instead of putting them away. 


The cubbyhole you see above the bookshelves is where we put our extra fames, luggage, crafts and sleeping bags.  It doesn't look organized but I just organized it a couple of months ago.  We don't touch this part much so I didn't bother going through it again.  For some reason my son has a hard time putting books back how they were so he just puts them on top of the ones that are standing up, it drives me batty.


This is the game and toy corner.  We had most of his games stacked neatly into these little cubby boxes, but I think it's hard for him to restack them so they fit so he just puts them on the ground.


After photos

I stacked some of his games that won't fit in the cubbys on top of the toy box so he can see which games are which, and that couch cover makes it look so much better down there!



The books are all put back where they belong.


I emptied all of the stockpile bags and put everything where it belongs.  This always takes me the longest and is the most annoying part of stockpiling!  The white laundry basket that is in the picture holds the stockpiled dog treats so that anytime we are out my son or husband can easily find them.


The games are all put back nicely...we'll see how long that lasts!



I went to RA today to get all the freebies, and of course they were out of everything except the Stayfree pads.  It's so annoying, if they are going to have a sale they need to have the stock to back it up.  And its not even like this is the first time it's happened, it happens EVERY week.  And they only get a truck in once a week and the sale stuff isn't guaranteed to be on it.  Uggg, this is what I hate about RA!  Hoping with the snow that is coming today I'll have some time tonight or tomorrow to cut more coupons to be ready for the sale on Thursday in case they actually have some new stock in!!

For this week I am hoping to get my daughters room done.  I am SOOO embarassed to even post these pictures because it should never look like this and it's my fault!  I've just been going through her new and old clothes and she's been growing out of them like leaps and bounds.  Hopefully I can get that straightened up and keep it that way!  How is your room cleaning going???

No comments:

Post a Comment