Saturday, September 19, 2009

MIA

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, but we've been preparing for our garage sale that started on Thursday and will end (finally!) tomorrow.  My aunt did one a couple weeks ago and I put a few boxes in hers and made $156 so I decided to participate in our sub sale to see if I could get more!  I put some stockpile stuff in there as well as some junk from our house.  So far I am at $130ish and we still have tomorrow to go!  I'm so happy because all of this will be going into our vacation fund for our cruise in December!  Its kind of tiring and overwhelming because all your energy and time goes into sitting outside (which has been gorgeous weather so I can't complain about that!) but my house is in some serious need of TLC. 

We've still been keeping up with the stockpile challenge.  I've been taking turkey sandwiches to lunch with some type of snack and my hubby has been coming home for lunch (as usual) and either making a sandwich or eating the leftovers from the night before.  Today we ran out of milk so I ran to Meijer and spent $25, I was kind of upset but there were some good deals on things that I didn't want to pay full price for.  I got milk, doritos (hubbys Sunday snack for halftime, don't mess with him if he doesn't have his Doritos), romaine hearts, 16 cans of campbells soup (for those lazy winter lunches/dinners), 5 boxes of Nabisco 100 calorie packs (ended up being about $1 for all of them and I like those for little snacks with lunches), 2 tombstone pizzas (I just knew I wasn't going to want to make lunch today while doing the garage sale, these were $5 all together, not too shabby, but a splurge, bad me!), sour cream, oatmeal (for oatmeal cookies in the winter) and I think a few other things.  I like to stock up on the baking stuff when its on sale because if I had to buy all that at once it'd break the bank!  Thanks to Pubbler for letting me copy her Meijer deals and being so patient while explaining them to me over and over this week....my brain is sort of mush this week. 

I found a few things at the other garage sales today, I got my son 2 computer games for a dollar each and 4 books for $2.  Then my SIL called and said this lady had a basically brand new trampoline (I've been looking for one) for $50!  So I got there and the springs look brand new and so does the jump part, but when I got it home I noticed there was a dime size hole in the jumping part, I hope its still okay, anyone know if this is fine or if I should take it back?  Anyways we are going to give this to our son for his xmas present, hope he likes it! 

Well thats enough rambling for the night, I'm going to read the little one a bedtime story and then hope I can make it up for SNL....haha.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen
    This is cousin Judy in TX.
    Would love to stay in touch. Your mom has my email address.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete