Monday, October 19, 2009

Cake Pops!

Okay, so I lovee Bakerellas site which is here.  Her stuff is always so cute and creative, and she makes it look so easy!  I've been wanting to try these because I was hoping to make them for Halloween if they were easy enough, so I tried them tonight.  Let me tell you, they were pretty darn easy, and I had a lot of fun with them.  I used orange chocolate disks from Michaels, but either I used too much on my cake pops or I didn't get enough chocolate.  My batch made about 36 pops, but I only had enough chocolate for a little more then half of them, so I'm leaning towards I didn't knock enough chocolate off.  I also couldn't find an edible ink pen at Michaels, so I want to get one before Halloween when I make these again.  I thought it would be cute to put Jackolantern faces on them.  We'll see! 

I won't have much time to put up the drugstore deals, but check them out  here.  This is where I come to look before I hit the stores after I've looked through the ads.  Sometimes I miss stuff and I like to double check!

Any other good baking sites out there for me to check out?  I LOOOOOVE baking!

1 comment:

  1. simply sweeter: simplysweeter.blogspot.com

    love that site and she makes great cakes.

    momof1, great to see you have a blog! how did I not know this? lol maybe I did and just haven't been here in a while. Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete